Friday, March 20, 2009

Hooters

I guess they don't go there for the food.

I just got back from a wacky office lunch to celebrate a combo 40th bday party and bachelor party. It was definitely a good time and we had a lot of laughs, mostly at the expense of our over-the-hill-about-to-go-to-the-dark-side coworker. (They made him get up and dance in front of the whole restaurant or else he would have to buy everyone a beer). Service was friendly (shocking?), the beers were large but I wasn't overly impressed with the food. In fact I only ate half of my burger and just a few fries, very out of character for me. The only other time I have been to a Hooters was on my honeymoon in Hawaii, I know, romantic. I had wings there and was severely disappointed. Had to change it up this go round so I had the Western BBQ Burger which comes loaded with bacon, onion tanglers, cheese and bbq sauce. I thought the BBQ sauce was ketchup, someone had to correct me. Not impressed. The fries were ok but nothing special. You know...for an $8 burg you would think they would come with fries but those are additional. I think I just bought a new pair of super-hefty nylons.







I have had so much grease that I am tempted to crawl under my desk for an afternoon siesta. After a quick survey of the table everyone had a great time--who knew that 1980's stockings and mini to the mini shorts were appealing to guys? Entertaining. I give it 2.5 forks because of the novelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment