Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cool Hand Lukes- Eagle

About a month ago, my family and I ate at Cool Hand Lukes in Eagle. We were celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday so there were 8 total in our party. We had called in a week prior for reservations. Hubby was told they don't take reservations, only call-ins but that they would do their best to have a table for us at 7pm. So to try and ensure a table close to 7, we arrived at 6 and let them know our party was present and we would be in the bar until our table was ready.

Once at the bar, I waited for over a half an hour for a drink. The bar was busy, but not that busy. I can think back to the Main Street Bistro days when hundreds were packed up to the bar desparate for a drink and somehow the Bistro was able accomodate, not the case here. However, once I finally had my drink it was excellent.

By 8pm we still didn't have a table. After inquiring at the hostess stand (once again) we were told sorry, that there had been a misunderstanding and that we would be seated soon. Once in our seats (thank God, I was starving) we settled in and ordered up some grub. Several people had the tri-tip, I had the filet and a few had a chicken entree.

My filet was only so-so. It didn't taste bad, but there wasn't anything special about it. Most filets I have had recently just melt in your mouth...not so much here.

Our service was marginal. I hate being called honey and don't love listening to my server baby talk with my nephew, but that's just me I realize.

The actual decor and setup of the restaurant is great. Very spacious and great merchandising throughout the dining area.

I definitely want to give CHL another shot. I have heard from other people they really enjoyed their experiences here, so it may have been an off night for CHL and for me. We'll see. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case. I'll be sure to post an update once I have gone for Round 2.

Location: 291 E Shore Dr Ste 101 Eagle, ID 83616

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Not a good review. I have heard from another friend that the service was terrible and the food was "dog food" at best. This was for the downtown location. I am huge carnivore so I still want to give it a go, cautiously.

    ReplyDelete