Friday, February 6, 2009

Blimpie

This post was written by Dave, a guest blogger.

Blimpie chocolate cookie not “gourmet”

Hyped for this idea that us eaters might be impressed by the ham and turkey shaved fresh off damp-looking meat bricks spewed out by machines in Chinese factories, Blimpie tries to stand apart from Subway. To this I say, ‘whatever.’

Anyway, I expanded upon my regular ‘only buy a sandwich, not that combo meal’ strategy today by adding on one of their cookies. I opted for the chocolate chip variety, against the recommendation of Crissie whom loudly raves for the sugar variety. I opted wrongly. The cookie, while generous in chocolate chunk flavor, really lacked in the dough department. It was either overbaked or not buttery enough. I like mine chewy. This one here was gritty and thin on brown sugary substance. It came in a bag that said gourmet on it.

I think not.

But the sammich was good eatin’!

1 comment:

  1. The frosted cookie was as soft and delicious as I anticipated. Shouldn't have strayed from the list!

    ReplyDelete