Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brick 29 Bistro

Since the hubby and I live in Meridian we are always looking for great restaurants other than the usual hot spots in downtown Boise or Eagle. To our surprise, we found a keeper in downtown Nampa. Brick 29 Bistro blew our socks off!

We had dinner a couple weeks ago and let me tell you, I became a raving fan before we even left. To start with, the ambiance in the joint is great. From the smiling hostess to our superb waitress, each member of the staff we came into contact with was friendly and knowledgeable. And this is huge for me, if I am going to be spending 2-3 hours of my night somewhere, I want to enjoy who I am spending it with. Next, I caught myself surprised at how cool and fresh the space was. Whoever designed this place gets a wink from me, great job.

Now to the food. We started off with the Idaho Hummus which was delish! At only $6, it was a steal. Our table ordered a variety of entrees: Lamb Shank ($19), Rosemary Chicken ($14), Red Snapper- Catch of the Day ($16), Black Angus Rib Eye ($23) and I had the Black Angus Filet Mignon ($25). Let me tell you, this place did not disappoint! In fact both my husband and I commented that it is the best food we have had in town since we moved back last May. Others at the table also commented that it was the best lamb they have tasted. And if you are a wine drinker, then they have what you want. Great selection of wines.

The presentation of the food was also noteworthy. Everyone at my table noticed the attention to detail that went into our meals. Here are a few of them:

Filet Mignon:

Red Snapper:
Rosemary Chicken:

Another great plus (as if we needed one) is that the restaurant supports the community by preparing locally grown foods with “out of this world flavors”. I strongly recommend making your reservation at Brick 29 Bistro today! The place is fantastic and you are missing out if you haven’t tried it.

Location: 320 11th Avenue South in the Historic Masonic Temple
Rating: 5 forks!


No comments:

Post a Comment