Friday, February 6, 2009

Bombay Grill

A few weeks ago my husband and I decided to go for a nice Friday night dinner at Bombay Grill on 10th and Main in downtown Boise. I had been there a handful of times, mostly for the delicious and affordable lunch buffet with coworkers. Always impressed with their food, I was really looking forward to this.

It started off on the wrong foot from the moment we walked in. We stood at the front counter for over 5 minutes as the young server at the front counter fumbled around with paperwork and phones before seating us at one of the many available tables. My husband was tempted to leave then but starving, I urged him to plow through. Once we were seated we waited 10 minutes for someone to take our drink order or bring us water. Once we finally placed our order it took us over an hour to be served. The restaurant had people in it but was not overly busy. In the meantime, we had to ask 3 servers to refill our drinks before someone actually did and still had to wait 10 minutes to get a refill.

I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and garlic naan and my husband ordered the Chicken Curry as hot as they could make it. He likes to cry when he eats. The prices were higher than I remembered and being on a tighter budget I was a little weary...plates being around $15. When we finally got the food, my plate was delicious as it always is and the naan was exceptionally garlicky (in a good way). My husbands Curry was so watery that he actually used his napkin to soak up some of the excess before he would eat it. One thing he did get was the spice he was looking for...unfortunately he didn't have a drink to wash it down with. The service was some of the worst service I had experienced in a very long time. My food was so good that I would consider going back...but I know I would be alone.

I give this 1 fork. My plate would have been worth 4+ but the service knocked it down.

1 comment: