Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Epi's Basque Restaurant


To celebrate Valentine's Day the hubby and I eagerly ventured to Epi’s Basque Restaurant. We had been told this place was amazing and that the service would blow us away.

Did it ever!! I swear I felt like best friends with my server, cook and hostess --- all of whom were out of this world hospitable. Seriously, the owner gave me a hug as I was leaving and I loved it. I felt that we were great buddies and that she truly enjoyed sharing her evening with me and my husband.

The food was equally as good. We ordered the ham croquetas to start with. These little balls are sent straight from heaven. We finished off the plate (which had perhaps 12 of them) in minutes. We then savored a great bottle of Pinot Noir that our waiter suggested, no problem finishing that one off.

A salad and soup came with our entrees. I tried the Red Bean soup and hubby had the Cream of Mushroom soup. I am not a huge bean fan, but I tell you what…this soup was delicious! It had a little kick to it, but not so much it burns out. Hubby isn’t a large Cream of anything fan, but wanted to give the soup a shot, and he was glad. It turned out to be the best mushroom soup that has graced his lips. The salads were simple yet delicious. Whatever their homemade dressing is, I want to get my hungry little hands on it.

For our main course, hubby had the special of the night: Lobster tail and filet mignon. He gobbled it up and said quite frequently how much he was enjoying the lobster. I enjoyed my flat iron steak with an amazing sauce that made it perfection.

As if we were not bursting at the seams already, our server brought us a plate of hand cut fries. DELICIOUS! They were dusted with a specialty seasoning and were amazing.

Next up, dessert. Yes, you may be asking yourselves how we could still be eating…but I had to try an authentic dessert from this amazing gem of a restaurant. We ordered the apple bread pudding and it was a fabulous choice. Every bite was savored down to the last fork full.

I recommend that you visit Epi’s now. Talk about a restaurant having it all…you will not be disappointed here. I had heard it was great and it still far surpassed any expectations I had set.

Location: 1115 N Main St, Meridian, ID 83642



No comments:

Post a Comment