Monday, February 9, 2009

P.F. Changs

Sunday afternoon found us in downtown Boise with hungry tummies. My hubby is a fan of PF Changs so we decided to go back to an old favorite and have lunch there with my Mom. Boy, does PF Changs deliver. Our hostess was extremely pleasant and sat us right away. Our server, Tyler, was on his A-game the entire time. We had our drink orders super fast (a delicious tea that he recommended I try) and our lunch was out to us in less than 15 minutes from when we ordered - just enough time for me to finish my delicious egg drop soup. On a side note, last time I was there my server suggested adding a few scoops of the sauce she mixed at our table to the soup. Now it is a must-do each time I have the soup. It gives it an added kick without losing the egg drop flavor. I would definitely recommend you try it out.

Back to lunch, I ordered the Sesame Chicken bowl ($7.95), hubby had the Crispy Honey Shrimp ($14.95) and my Mom had the Lettuce Wraps ($7.95). Everything was beyond tasty! I forget how much I enjoy the food there until I come back for more. It is always consistent and delivers a great meal every time. We passed on dessert (trying to be good), they taunted us by looking so divine on the side counter. But we held strong and opted for our fortune cookies instead.

Lucky for us, we timed lunch just right. As we were leaving the line started to form in the lobby which is a great sign to see a restaurant holding strong in these times.

I am giving PF Changs 4 forks up. It delivered on all of my requirements: Presentation, Service, Taste, Environment and Variety but was lacking any extraordinary details that our 5 forked venues earn so well.

Location: 391 S.8th Street


No comments:

Post a Comment