Monday, February 23, 2009

Mesa Taqueria

We just got back from a co-worker's birthday lunch at Mesa Taqueria. Mesa is a great, casual lunch spot in downtown Boise on 8th St, next to Cazba. You order/pay at the counter. The décor is nice (including the expected neon beer signs), large, heavy wood tables and beautiful southwestern paintings on the wall which I am told are done by the owner's wife. It inspired me to start painting again. I am sure that feeling will pass by 5 tonight. Summertime is great because of the outdoor patio but it was a bit too chilly for that today.

My order was one of the last out of the shoot for the group and I about climbed over the counter to get it. The service was fast, I had just skipped breakfast today. I ordered the special, a Pulled Pork torta. It was one of the better pulled pork sandwiches I have ever had. It had a spicy chipotle sauce, cabbage, fresh tomatoes on a freshly baked bun. It came with a side of chips and salsa, and like usual I had to get a side of their delicious guacamole. It was sloppy, heavenly and ended up all over my pants, and a little on the floor. A few others ordered their tacos, which taste yummy and fresh along with some tortilla soup which one of them was raving about. One of my coworkers had eaten here just a few days earlier and ordered the special which happened to be fish tacos which are not a staple on the menu, but according to her should be. She asked about it at the counter and they agreed to cook her up a special order of the fish tacos, very accommodating.


I am not a vegetarian but they do have a special veggie only menu which actually doesn't look too shabby, even to a carnivore like myself. After surveying the table we came out with ratings from 3-5. I would personally rate Mesa tres and a half spicy, fresh forks. It is a great spot for a weekday lunch or a casual weekend dinner. Order the Dos XX.

No comments:

Post a Comment