Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blue Sky Bagels

Today all of the TB bloggers went searching for a little bagelicious fun for lunch. We found it at the very busy Blue Sky Bagels on Main St. in Boise. Many of us have had the pleasure of dining on their magnificent baked dough rings since they are a morning office favorite (especially the cinnamon-sugar variety). However, I wanted to try a bagel sandwich today and settled on the Turkey w/ Sundried Tomato Cream Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Sprouts piled high on an Asiago Bagel ($4.29). I really like that they include FREE cream cheese, sliced cheese and extra veggies on your sandwich plus a pickle on the side. In this economy you don’t find too many restaurant values like that. The sandwich was really fresh tasting and the bagel was super soft with a great asiago crust. The service was fast, but not super friendly, however, my server seemed a little stressed so I will give her a break.

I was also lucky enough to sample a frosted Sugar Cookie ($1.29) purchased by another blogger. The cookie was good, but definitely not as good as Blimpies.

This is actually not a picture of my sandwich, but another bloggers since I scarfed mine down too fast for pictures.

I would recommend visiting their website - interesting info on the “Life of a Bagel”.

Blue Sky is a high 4 forker and I will gladly be back.

Location: Blue Sky Bagels - 407 W. Main StreetBoise, ID 83703
Order: Turkey w/ Sundried Tomato Cream Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Sprouts on an Asiago Bagel
Rating: 4 forks


1 comment: