Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Costco "Sample Saturday"

Although an untraditional place to "dine" in Boise, my husband and I had some errands to run on Saturday and found ourselves at Costco. He isn't necessarily the most pleasant of shoppers so I was relieved to remember all of the food samples to distract him, and to feed myself as it was high noon.

We started with some hors d oevres of baked chicken in a sweet, low-sodium marinara sauce and washed them down with some kid's drinkable yogurts, which I don't see myself purchasing. In the produce section they were cutting up some apples that were a little mushy but had GREAT flavor! We kept walking a few more aisles and sampled some V8 Fruit Juice from a very excited server. I wish I would have bought that. I am craving it now. One 8 oz glass gives you a full day of vegetables. And it was delish! We sampled some veggie burgers and ravioli in the frozen food aisle. I was pretty impressed with the selection of no seafood and was actually starting to fill up. We made our way over to the meat section to make sure we hadn't missed anything and they had some salmon. Participate I did not as I steer clear of anything that has ever lived in water.

If you have some errands to run and aren't afraid of fighting through a crowd...Costco is the place to be on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment