Friday, February 20, 2009

Murphy's Steakhouse

For round two of our Valentine's Day dinner we made our way to our 9:30 reservation at Murphy's. I was already starving again so I was ready to annihilate the menu. We had our 1/2 off card and were ready to use it. I ordered the french onion soup and mushroom risotto as an appetizer. The french onion soup is really amazing there. Served in an onion with bread baked under the bubbly cheese crust. I didn't want it to end but the way I eat...the end was inevitable, and FAST. I have never been a mushroom person in my life but it was one of those foods I decided that I didn't like before actually trying it, and having a failed attempt at making my own risotto just days before I was curious. As it turns out I am not a fungus person. Confirmed. But I was able to pick around the little caps for some delicious and creamy risotto. El husband ordered calamari for his appetizer (second time of the day). These were the biggest, fattest calamari either of us had ever seen which grossed me out a tad. He LOVED them though and wouldn't quit raving about it.

We both ordered off of the special V-Day menu. He ordered the prawns served over polenta cakes while I got the prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and blue cheese crème Brule. I didn't know where they were going with the brulee but I was intrigued. If it wasn't for that I was going with the filet mignon. My steak was delicious. Juicy (or I call it bloody) and marbled with fat. It was AMAZING! But my biggest surprise was the blue cheese brule. After my walk with danger the night before (the gamy Duck Brule) I was nervous. This thing was TDF! One of the best I have ever had with subtle bites of blue cheese. I tossed a few elbows and made the fork thru the hand threat to my husband who kept creeping over and stealing it from me. You never steal my food, especially on Valentine's Day. Apparently this was not made clear the previous 7 we spent together.

Our server was incredibly friendly and fast. It was a romantic setting...even though we were all packed in there like steer. Mmmmmmmm meat. To our surprise our half off card doesn't work on holidays. I guess I could have done without the mushroom risotto.

I have been impressed by Murphy's every time I have been there. ESPECIALLY for the Sunday brunch. She costs around $20 +/- but worth every penny as she comes with a dessert and bloody mary bar. Happy hour is a great deal there too. BOGO. I ordered 2 $9 Sea Breazes and had a $5 tab. It is times like those that you don't ask questions but just promise yourself to return, and tell all of your friends.

4.5 forks. So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment