Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Buffalo Wild Wings

AKA Buffalo Insanely Crowded Super-Slow Service Wings

But to their defense Buffalo Wild Wings had opened just days before we were there and it is dang good ( I mean Gooooo-ooooooD) so I understand the crowds and the fact that they still have a few kinks to work out. We went with a group of 5 at 7 pm on a Friday night and the wait was going to be about an hour with standing room only in all of the walkways filled with hungry peeps waiting for a table. We ordered a couple of beers from the bar ($6.50 ea) where my husband almost wasn't served because his ID ran through the wash. I think his grey hair helped his case but underage drinkers take caution, pack a flask.

We were able to find a table in the bar fairly quickly. We all ordered boneless wings with the exception of my friend's husband who got these adorable mini corn dogs. They looked awesome. My two friends got the Spicy Garlic and I got the Caribbean Jerk sauce, both ranging in the medium/hot range. For 8 boneless wings it will run you round $8, and worth every penny. They are full of flavor and absolutely heavenly. The Caribbean Jerk sauce is sweet and spicy. I sweat when I eat Hot Tamales so this was a challenge for me but that was nothing compared to my husband. Stated in earlier blog posts, he loves to challenge the spice gods and Friday night he was taken down to China Town. One wing at a time. He went straight to the most fiery, hellish sauce, "Blazin." He ordered 12 wings and 6 in he started making regular trips to the bathroom where I thought he was going to call the dinosaurs. A few hours later his watery eyes cleared and his face started to lose the purple tone. Unfortunately the service still has some improving so it was a long wait in between water refills. The table also
ordered a few orders of the onion rings with their southwestern sauce. Honestly some of the better onion rings I have ever had. My order came WAY later than everyone's but they ended up being free so all good in my world.

There are tons of TV's there and the atmosphere is great. Very fun and upbeat with a few video games for the kids to play.

With the crowd and kinks in the service the meal took us about 2.5 hours but I know it will get much better with time. The next morning my husband and I were already talking about craving it again. Not being much of a wing person myself it really says a lot. The husband promises to take it down a notch or two next time.

This place gets 4 flaming, red hot forks. Once this kinks are worked out I think this place is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment